Stanley Immigration Consulting

Services for Temporary & Permanent Immigration to Canada


Stanley Immigration Consulting is a professional Canadian immigration consultancy based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, on the East Coast of Canada. We are qualified to help you navigate the complex and ever-changing immigration system in Canada.

Erica Stanley is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).  She holds a proven track record of successful applications and specialises in student immigration, Express Entry and the PEI PNP Labour Impact Category.

On parle français

Se habla español






Our Services

While most types of work require that you have a valid work permit, there are some exceptions, such as athletes, coaches, emergency service providers and clergy, just to name a few.

Additionally, there are many types of work permits to reflect the diversity of employment programs and labour shortages in Canada.

If you are offered employment in Canada, your employer may need to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to allow you to apply for a work permit.  However, you may qualify for an LMIA exemption through the International Mobility Program (IMP).

Depending on your education, experience, language ability and prospective employment in Canada, you may be able to apply for a work permit.

There are three main pathways to become a permanent resident of Canada:

The Economic Class

This class includes all candidates who are assessed on their ability to establish themselves economically in Canada and contribute to the Canadian economy through employment or investment.  The Economic Class includes Provincial Nominee Programs, and the Express Entry programs (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and Canadian Experience Class), as well as the Caregiver Program and Quebec Economic Programs.

We are also Island Agents for the PEI PNP Business Impact Category (100% Ownership/Partial Ownership/Work Permit Stream) .   

The Family Class

The Family Class includes those who are sponsored for permanent residence by family members who are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

The Humanitarian Class

The Humanitarian Class comprises those who receive permanent residence through private or government refugee sponsorship, the refugee determination process, or for ‘Humanitarian and Compassionate’ considerations.

At Stanley Immigration Consulting, we will help you find the best option for you to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

Canada is one of the most popular educational destinations in the world for international students, not only for university and college studies but for high school and language training as well.

Studying in Canada not only provides you with valuable academic credentials and life experience but gives you an advantage if you plan to immigrate to Canada.

Many provinces have immigration programs specifically aimed at retaining their international graduates, and the Express Entry system gives extra points to those who have graduated from a post-secondary program in Canada.

The Post Graduate Work Permit program allows graduates to apply for an open work permit after graduation from their post-secondary program.  The duration of the work permit depends on the duration of program of study to a maximum of three years.

Find a university or college by province or by program:

The list of institutions recognised by IRCC as designated learning institutions can be viewed here:

At Stanley Immigration Consulting, we can help you apply to your institution of choice, and handle your study permit application.  We can also apply to have your spouse and children accompany you in Canada while you study.

It is possible to come to Canada as a visitor for reasons such as tourism, to visit family members, to attend a conference or event, or for business prospecting.  Depending on your reason for visiting, you may be able to extend your stay without leaving Canada.

If you are from a visa-exempt country, and plan to travel by air, you will require an ETA to visit Canada.  If you are from a visa-exempt country and will arrive by land or sea, you do not need an ETA.

If you are from a visa requiring country, you will need a visitor visa (also known as a Temporary Resident Visa) before coming to Canada.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States, you do not need an ETA to enter Canada.

One of the main objectives of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is family reunification.  However, not all family members are eligible for sponsorship under the Family Class, and there are very strict rules and regulations that apply to the sponsor as well as the family members being sponsored.

The most common Family Class applications are for sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children.

It is also possible to sponsor parents and grandparents for permanent residence in Canada, although the financial requirements are greater and there is an annual cap of 10,000 applications for parents and grandparents, and the selection process is now lottery-based.

In some very special situations, it is possible to sponsor another relative.  Please see:

The four Atlantic provinces of Canada are New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island.  We like to boast of ourselves as ‘not the West Coast, but the BEST Coast!’

In summary, this brand-new Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program will allow “designated” employers to hire foreign workers who are already inside Canada and support them in their permanent residence application.  There is also an option to offer employment to workers outside Canada and bring them in on an LMIA-exempt work permit while their permanent residence is processing. 

We are Island Agents for the PEI PNP Business Impact Category (100% Ownership/Partial Ownership/Work Permit Stream)